Beeswax burns completely clean, non-toxic and non-allergenic. The Bee & Me Beeswax candles contain no paraffin, benzene, acrolyn, lead, stearic acid, or any other chemicals. Just 100% pure, Canadian beeswax and all cotton wick. Beeswax takes longer to melt, therefore it burns much slower. They are brighter and cleaner-burning. Burn on a flat surface. Consider placing on a candle plate in case of drips. If the candle starts to look “dusty”, that is simply the honey in the beeswax coming to the surface. Simply polish with a damp cloth to keep your candle looking bright and new. Burning beeswax produces negative ions that circulate in the room and attract pollutants, in much the same way that a magnet attracts iron filings. Dust, food and pet odors, moulds, bacteria, viruses, and other toxins are captured and neutralized. Beeswax actually cleans your air. Paraffin, on the other hand, is a petroleum waste product, made from sludge left over from the gasoline and petrochemical refining process. Paraffin produces no negative ions and so adds to the pollutants in your home. People with respiratory problems should not use paraffin candles, nor should people who do not want to develop such problems. Burning paraffin produces toxic combustion by-products, many of which are known to be carcinogens. Breathing the fumes from burning paraffin candles is essentially the same as breathing the exhaust fumes from a diesel engine. To light wick, tilt candle slightly. Keep wick trimmed to ¼ inch. To extinguish flame sink wick in molten pool. Never leave burning candles unattended.